Nutrition is key to physical health and mental wellbeing. Incorporating proper nutrition into your workday can help increase your energy, improve your concentration, and boost your mood, among other benefits. On the contrary, poor nutrition can sap your energy, spoil your mood, and decrease productivity.
Nutrition education is the first step toward healthy eating—at work and at home. Whether you want to cultivate cooking skills and build confidence in the kitchen or find inspiration for healthy recipes and learn time-saving tips, Wellbeats’ nutrition classes include something for everyone.
Nutrition Tips for Your Workday
Nutrition doesn’t have to be complicated, especially during the busy workday! The foods you eat will either work for you or against you, so it’s important to fuel your body with the right combination of protein, fiber, and healthy fats. This will help keep your blood sugar stable and in turn keep your energy consistent. Consider the following tips to boost your workday nutrition:
- Take a lunch break away from your desk as an opportunity to step away and break up the workday. Not only will this allow you to eat more mindfully by focusing your attention on your food, but you may return to your work with renewed focus.
- Prepare your lunch at home instead of eating out at a restaurant. Packing a lunch from home allows you to have more control over ingredients and portion sizes.
- Plan your workday meals ahead of time. From stocking a healthy pantry to intentionally overproducing leftovers and other meal planning and prep best practices, there are ways to save time AND eat healthy.
- Keep healthy snacks on hand so you’re prepared when unexpected hunger strikes.
- Make sure you’re eating enough protein. Aim to incorporate protein at every meal.
- Stay hydrated! Proper hydration is key to a healthy diet and can lead to better mental performance, energy levels, and cognition.
Workday Nutrition with Wellbeats
With Wellbeats, improving your workday nutrition has never been easier. With classes and programs focused on cooking demonstrations, nutrition education, recipes, healthy eating tips, and more, you can find the right content to support your nutritional needs.
Our Wellbeats’ recipe collection includes a variety of nutritious, easy-to-prep lunch ideas to keep you energized and fueled for the remainder of the day. Already a Wellbeats member? Take one of our nutrition classes below, or explore our recipe collection now.
10 Easy Snacks for on the Go
Heading out the door? Don’t leave the house without one of these healthy, grab-and-go snacks. Whether at work or traveling, these top 10 healthy snacks are perfect for keeping you nourished and energized whenever hunger strikes. Try 10 Easy Snacks for on the Go with Christina S. now.
Hydration is an essential part of nutrition during the workday. Chef Marshall explores how food can be a key source of hydration as he prepares a beautiful tomato cucumber salad. Try Hydrating Foods with Chef Marshall now.
Maintain Your Energy Levels
Midday crash? Not anymore! Chef Marshall shares his secrets on maintaining energy levels throughout the day while demonstrating an energy-boosting spinach sweet potato omelet recipe. Already a Wellbeats member? Try Maintain Your Energy Levels with Chef Marshall now.
About Wellbeats, a LifeSpeak company
Wellbeats, a LifeSpeak company is a leading provider of on-demand virtual fitness, nutrition, and mindfulness classes for use in workplaces of all sizes, health plans, on college or university campuses, multi-family housing, the U.S. military, and fitness and health clubs. Based in St. Louis Park, MN, Wellbeats makes fitness accessible, affordable, and approachable for everyone. More than 1,000 classes and 35+ programs are available to help members stay on track and meet their goals. To learn more, visit www.wellbeats.com or check out a sampling of the company’s fitness classes during a Facebook Live class, and follow Wellbeats on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.